Saturday, December 10, 2011



Here is a pic of our Worldventure Mali team, minus one family that is currently in the USA.
We are so pleased to be working with like minded people who have a heart for seeing african brothers and sisters come to Christ, and seeing african churches grow in strength and knowledge...

This past week I did a LOT of mediating. We had a final meeting between 3 african brothers who really had a deep personality conflict. We were able to get to the bottom, and see that it was not once sided, that each had hurt each other. One man said of the other two... I knew I hurt (A.) but I was surprised that (B.) was hurt because I say mean things to him all the time, and he was never hurt before... LOL
I said... that is no way to treat brothers in Christ. "I can be mean to him because he tolerates it." I said we as leaders need to be marked by the fruits of the Holy Spirit. Every man, woman, and child in our church looks to us to model leadership. We want them to see leaders who care about each other (and them). We want them to see that love, kindness, patience, self-control, gentleness, peacefulness, goodness, and perseverance reign in us via the Holy Spirit.
I got off my soapbox, and we went back to... "do you forgive him?" "are you ready to forgive him?" back and forth a bit....
Anyway... God is at work here... and hopefully we grow and learn. Now the problem is that I have to model the fruits of the Holy Spirit too... Lol.... You never can point a finger without four pointing back at you, right?
May God give is the grace to be the men & women of God He calls us to be...

Thanks for stopping by
Tom & Lisa




Tom and Lisa work with Worldventure in Mali, West Africa. If you would like to donate online to help this ministry, click this link: http://worldventure.com/Give/Give-Now.html?id=4569 If you would like to email comments, our email is: tlseward@gmail.com