Friday, August 11, 2006

Hilary's last Sunday in Kadiolo.


Hilary's last Sunday in Kadiolo.

Yes, this is the week that we've sent Hilary to Dakar for school.
This last Sunday I drove Hilary and Lisa to Bamako, where they caught a flight Tuesday.
Lisa will be in Bamako with Hilary until the 16th.
That left me to drive back down to Kadiolo with Ben & Caleb. Lisa will come down on the bus when she gets back to Bamako.



Pray for Hilary as this next few weeks will be difficult for her.
She's in a girls dorm with 11 other girls.
She is the only Freshman in her dorm, but not the only one at the school.
There are 5 Sophomores, 1 Junior, and 5 Seniors in her dorm.
She will be making a transition to dorm life, to regular school life after homeschool the last 2 years, She will be making new friends, and re-making acquaintences...

Pray for us, Dakar is a long way from Kadiolo. And while we are very proud of Hilary, and in many ways we know
she is well capable for this transitional task ahead of her, we worry like parents do. :-)

Ben & Caleb will be doing homeschool here in Kadiolo with Lisa. Caleb is starting 1st grade. He is ready to learn to read.
He spends a lot of time writing names of his friends everywhere we've been. Like Josiah, Mike, Eliakim, Gabriel, Lydia, Russell.
God has been so good to our kids over the years with the friends He's provided for them...

Ben will be doing well at his studies, too. He enjoys each Bamako trip because he has some good friends there. This last trip he was able to

spend an overnight with Keenan, two big grinning faces.


Drivers Licence.

I was able to get all the papers I need for my drivers license. So I'll go in next week. (They only do testing once a week in Sikasso.)
Hopefully, all my papers will be accepted, and I will leave with a Mali license. That would be great.

Internet.

I'm sorry about being slow on this blog update. I will be slow for the next 2 weeks, I think. I had to leave my laptop in Bamako for a reinstall of
Windows. I didn't want to try it myself, its had battery problems, and I was worried that the battery would quit mid-install. That would be catastrphic!
So we're praying that the computer comes back in good shape, and is ready to work again. So until it does come back I'm stuck at a very slow cyber cafe to do my uploads. (I'm not complaining too loudly,
because at least a cyber cafe is available. 2 years ago, it would have only been a dream to have a cyber in Kadiolo!)

Thanks for stopping by, and God Bless,
Tom