Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas week continued.


Merry Christmas! Last post I told you all about the African side of our Christmas celebration. This one is about December 26th. Our family Christmas celebration. We did presents in the morning. At 1:00 we had guests. We had invited the other missionary family in town, along with their visiting parents, along with a single woman who works with Wycliffe Bible Translators. We enjoyed a good afternoon together.
Our African friends are really tired after their two days of late night celebrations... so the 26th is a great day to  have less visitors, and enjoy some American traditions.


 One of the things on the menu were these gorgeous pork kabobs. Pork, onion, pork, carrot, pork, tomatoe, pork..with an onion near the end to hold them on. I promised Lisa I would make a bbq grill. I took 2 african cookstoves, and welded them together on legs that were tall enough to work on comfortably. We were really pleased with how the bbq came out, and absolutely loved the pork! We also did a chicken. (this poor chicken looked like he was a boston marathon winner.) Anyway, with the offerings of everyone, nobody was turned away hungry, even though there were 14 of us. And we finished with a fun time of playing cards, and sharing together. We realise we need more of those sharing times... it is just so edifying, and encouraging...





So here is a shot of the newly welded bbq. It worked great. Unfortunately, the welder I have is a very good one. But it is also very heavy. When I was putting it away, I pulled a back muscle. So yesterday, last night, and today, I've been in agony with back pain. Please pray that this temporary problem will heal quickly and I could be back on my feet again. It is definately a muscle, and not a disc... so I don't think its permanent...
but I'm hurting...
Back on the cane again... lol....
They're totally gonna be calling me old man again....

Thanks for stopping by, thanks for your prayers, we could not be here, be doing the ministry we're doing with any effectiveness without you.

Tom & Lisa Seward









Tom and Lisa work with Worldventure in Mali, West Africa. If you would like to donate online to help this ministry, click this link: http://worldventure.com/Give/Give-Now.html?id=4569 If you would like to email comments, our email is: tlseward@gmail.com