Monday, December 31, 2007

Joyeux Noel!

Ben and Caleb both performed well with their Sunday School classes.
I was able to video Caleb because his group did a repeat performance Sunday morning.
They are singing in french, and at the end, they yell, "Joyeux Noel" (Merry Christmas!)
The song is "Dans un e creche une enfant nous est nee." In a manger, a child was born to us!

I filmed him with the others in perspective, so he is not in the centre of the video, but you can see how well he was in sync with the others, I guess this goes to show how well he has advanced in language skills, and how well he understands what is going on around him.

I guess I'm so proud of him. A year ago, he never wanted to go to Sunday School here in Kadiolo. "I don't understand what is going on!" He would say. But his success at being able to sing with them, and understand the instructions is a big step.

We're watching survivor. (Family favorite.) So many people on their exit interviews say "I never knew I could push myself, I never knew I could do something this hard." I don't think Caleb will have to go on survivor to prove that to himself. Relationally, he has already succeeded here in Mali.

The video file is kind of big, 19 mb, but if you have a fast connection, it should come up without too much problem. We are loving our internet connection here. (For those of you who don't know, we've been able to get a dsl connection in Kadiolo.) It is working well. So my toilet may not always work, but we can do internet at the house now. :-)


Enjoy!
Tom