Monday, February 22, 2010

Dominoes & Evangelism???

So you may read our blog, and in the back of your mind you may be saying something like this: "I wouldn't know how to go about sharing the gospel with someone." or "What are some good ways to open spiritual conversations with people near me?" "If I was a missionary in Mali, what common ground could I find to share with the Mali people?"


Well of course being a bit creative helps. But many simple ways really work. Last week Lisa was cleaning our storage room. We found 2 old sets of Dominoes. She said lets get rid of these. I thought about taking them to my 2 regular groups of guys. Soon we were all playing dominoes like crazy. One group is all m-lim men who are open to talking about the gospel. One group is church guys, but now with the dominoes game going on... (almost constantly last week) people are being drawn in, unbelievers that we can share with. It is really funny. Anyway, relationships are being built for Christ with little black & white peices of wood. Its amazing.

Anyway, the point is that you don't have to be a "super christian" to share the gospel. You don't have to wait for a perfect "Max Lucado" moment to share. Just hang out, share a donut with someone you are praying for, and let God work. Relationship time pays off.





Speaking of praying for things to happen. This is a pic of our Sunday School youth. I have been praying for about 2 years for 10 kids between this Sunday school class and the Choir (older youth) to be serious enough to be baptised. I now have 9 who've taken the baptism class, and are awaiting their interview with Pastor Youssouf. I was resigned to 9. (Maybe I was over zealous, God thank you for 9...) Yesterday, a young girl from choir said... is it too late to be in the baptism class? I want to take it too. Of course the classes are done. But I say.. .hey.. no its not too late. Come to my house, meet with Lisa and me this week, and we'll do a personal version of the class just for you. If she follows through... 10 students!!! Thank you God.
Don't be afraid to pray boldly for God to do stuff. He can do it....

Thanks for stopping by,
Tom & Lisa