Sunday, December 20, 2009

Together again



"Together again, together again...." if you recognise those song lines from the Muppets take manhattan, then you may have watched too many muppet movies...

But the song represents how we feel right now....
We are happy to all be together again. Lisa and the kids bused down from Bamako on Friday. They had quite a good bus ride... So we've enjoyed being together.

This week is going to be full. I'm (Tom) recovering from an amoeba. (dyssentry) so that is fun. Today we had the opportunity to go to a village to witness a baptism, but I declined to go because I'm still a bit weak. Tomorrow Dusty and I will visit Fourou, and Dusty can see what a miracle church the Fourou church is...

I'm supposed to be picking up a motorbike tomorrow. The mason is supposed to come over to start work on our septic system. I was able to buy 2 fat chickens, they will be delivered tomorrow, and be eaten Christmas day for our family meal! Two ivoirian guys are coming to Kadiolo to celebrate Christmas with Ernie & Jan, so they will stay with us for a few days. Ernie & Jan are arriving tomorrow with their son & family (4 kids) who are coming out to visit. So their house is too full to house anyone else... Our cat gave birth to 3 beautiful kittens. But our dog wants to steal them from the mother, and nurse them...

Does our life sound crazy yet? Oh- yes... Freddi came by today to inform me that they announced that I would be preaching Christmas Eve. (Nobody told me that yet...) It is fine, I'll be ready... but it was a bit of a surprise.... in fact, I don't think Lisa knows yet, cuz I haven't had a chance to tell her... LOL

Life in Africa is fun... :D This entry may sound a bit disjointed, but that is only because that is how today was.

Come visit sometime and experience this kind of chaos firsthand.

We're so pleased that Dusty has the opportunity to see all of this.... And we pray that God is able to speak to him in the midst of the rush....


Thanks for stopping by,

Tom & Lisa