Sunday, March 05, 2006

Womens ministry



We've been promising pics of the women in the literacy ministry/Bible study.
This ministry is a new one, barely off and running, but we are already so pleased with the excitement of the women to come and learn to read and write.
Joannie and Lisa both are involved, and it is a blessing to see the women learn.

We also want to thank two church groups for giving funds so that women can go to the women's conference in April. We are excited about them getting to go and be spiritually fed in an environment for women, and in their own language.

A big thank you!!



Here is a pic of Tom teaching the youth today. The youth ministry is starting slowly.
They are in a sing n preach mode. We are working to encourage them through small groups, and to deepen their involvement in the meetings, and their relationship with Christ. We want them to see that they can study the Bible and understand it. We also want them to get to a level where they can build up one another, and pray for each other, etc...

On another front, the house is going well. I had paid $80 for a truck to deliver metal for our water tower. He didn't come the next day nor the next. I heard from the guy that helped me hire the truck, he told me the guy was going to come a week later. Oh no! I'd have to wait a week for the metal. I was a bit discouraged, but Africa can be like that. Anyway, he showed up Saturday. So I am thankful I don't have to wait until next Thursday. So tomorrow I can start the work as planned.

Thanks for praying, and giving, and being interested.

Tom & Lisa Seward

PS. We just heard that our church in Ft. Wayne has voted to support us regularly. We thank God for how He works on our behalf...